Fortnite’s casualized mechanics, stylized look, and innovative combination of building and shooting mechanics took the world by storm. Like it or not, Fortnite stays on top of Battle Royale games boasting a whopping 78.3 million active users monthly.
What’s so special about Fortnite?
We live at a time of Battle Royale burnout. Pioneered by PUBG and Fortnite, to some extent, the massive online multiplayer battles have become tiresome to the community. And what else could we expect when every cool kid on the block from EA to Activision has their handy cash cow up and running and - big surprise - none of them work as well as intended.
And yet, despite the massive competition multiplied by the loss of interest to the genre among casual players, Fortnite remains on top. How is that?
- The mechanics: Very few games can keep their players engaged with such dimensionally different activities as shooting and building. Yes, Fortnite has trivialized both to an extent, but it was done masterfully - both mechanics are intuitive and captivating.
- The community: Multiplayer games are mostly known for toxic communities. Take For Honor, Call of Duty, or PUBG as an example. Fortnite community managers, on the other hand, do an excellent job at keeping their game safe and friendly (as much as it can be, being an online experience attracting millions of people)
- The pop culture impact: Everyone knows about Fortnite, as we’ve seen it on streams. This isn't anything new in the world of online entertainment. That being said, how many games were featured in popular culture? How many had Cris Hemsworth played as Thor, the god of thunder? How many held events to show off exclusive Star Wars teasers? Exactly!
An endless pool of content
The gameplay alone isn't what makes Fortnite great, and neither is the pop culture impact. The guys from Epic games have perfected the art of season passes, sponsored events, and in-game announcements.
The game stays fresh even after years from launch thanks to an endless pool of new content: new maps, weapons, skins, and activities are added into the game on a regular basis.
Fortnite may look like a game for children, but hey, they said the same about Minecraft at the beginning and look where it is now. That’s because neither is a kid’s game.
Fortnite offers access to a great pool of updates, continuous support from the developers and the community, and one of the most polished battle royal experiences in the industry. What’s not to like?
- Graphics 4
- Gameplay 5
- Controls 5
- Replay Value 5
Continuous content updates.
It is a Battle Royale game.
- One of the most trending games right now!
- You just can't miss this game!
One of the most legendary games for Playstation 4