Oxygen Not Included
Oxygen Not Included is a slick, stylized indie space colony sim filled with excessive dark humor (which does not make it less funny), insane visuals, and addictive gameplay elements. You will be spending hours perfecting your newly beloved space colony or just plain old having fun by putting its inhabitants in dangerous and/or ludicrous situations.
Breathtaking game design
Oxygen Not Included, just like the game implies, does not offer a lot of breathing room for the player’s creations. Not only that, but food and supplies are also nowhere to be seen unless you are meticulously attentive.
You will be putting on the shoes of the colony’s manager, doing everything that’s within your power to keep the population working, well-fed, and happy because your end goal lies far beyond surviving - you want your space colony to thrive, don’t you?
The core gameplay mechanics you will be focusing include, but are not limited to:
- Designing a base: Let’s start with the obvious - base building mechanics. Your base will be your child with all the pros and cons of the approach, as you are responsible for everything from high-level archeological discoveries to plain old plumbing.
- Managing the Populus: Survival is tough and daunting. Both physically and mentally. Keep your space explorers safe and sane by keeping them well-entertained and relaxed with well-crafted leisure. Otherwise, their stress will grow into a destructive force of nature you don’t want to be dealing with.
- Manage supplies and resources: Your base needs more than people. Your workers need to feel safe, warm, and well-fed. You will manage all of these aspects through a wide assortment of puzzles such as managing the flow of hot and warm air through thermodynamics or ensuring there's enough oxygen through complex gas and liquid simulations. These activities may look like a lot of fun, but it takes a lot of thought to actually manage them accordingly.
- Research and conquer: What’s the point of colonizing space is you will not be doing any external research, right? The game allows you to choose your own space adventure by hand-picking the perfect “space rock” to colonize and explore out of dozens of alternatives.
The world combines the graphic elements of Fallout Shelter with the unforgettable style of Don’t Starve and Don’t Starve Together. In simpler words, your eyes will relax, enjoying a colorful show, while your mind will be continuously working to solve countess puzzles and challenges.
Oxygen Not Included is an excellent base building sim that manages to entertain, educate, and offer the freedom of creative engineering ingenuity to everyone brave enough to explore the universe. Add the shameless dark humor into the mix, and you’ll get why this is one of the best-known space colony sims on Steam.
- Graphics 5
- Gameplay 5
- Controls 5
- Replay Value 5
Clever sense of humor;
Complex tasks and challenges.
- Everyone recommends to play it!
- You just can't miss this game!