If you are looking for the staple of the daunting sim genre, Hunie Pop is an excellent representative combining an excellent story narrative with engaging role-play mechanics, intricate puzzles, and well-written dialogue.
Hunie Pop is stylish, to say the least. I’d even go as far as calling the game artsy, which in no way is a minus. Your eyes will be pleasantly surprised and treated to a vibrant blend of visuals coming from both the characters and the backgrounds.
The graphic novel combines western writing with Asian animation to make the ultimate dating sim for American audiences who are somewhat tired of the traditional and sometimes cringy dating sim tropes Japanese developers tend to include in their games.
The game puts you in the shoes of a young man who is unable to talk to other women adequately. Then, one day, everything changes when a cute love fairy by the name of Kyu decides to take you under her wing.
The loving creature will offer a series of lessons that can be counted as the introductory levels explaining core gameplay mechanics, after which you will be sent out into the world. The rest is entirely up to you.
The game offers:
- 8 gorgeous ladies, each with a unique personality and a handful of loveable quirks, making them feel real.
- A huge gallery of 20 perfectly stylized in-game locations where you’ll be taking the girls on dates 9if they agree to go out with you, that is).
- Access to more than 200 unique items you can unlock and offer as gifts to your ladies.
- Thousands of masterfully crafted dialogue lines that somehow avoid following beaten tropes and corny cliches.
- A wide assortment of addictive 3-style puzzles that will keep you entertained between the main action.
- Access to a customization menu where you can freely change how the girls look or create your own perfect dating sim lady.
- All while being supported by one of the best soundtracks we’ve seen (heard) in dating sim games.
Hunie Pop is an excellent dating sim with a lot of variety, great customization options, and clever writing. Even then, the game is so much more. It manages to captivate the attention of the player while keeping him distracted with engaging puzzles at the same time. In simpler words, you’ll never feel bored or lonely while playing the excellent Hunie Pop.
- Graphics 5
- Gameplay 5
- Controls 5
- Replay Value 5
An assortment of trophies and side activities;
Loveable girls to date.
One of the best role-play games ever!
- Everyone enjoy playing this game